Enhancing youth participation in local and regional life & community through digital tools | 2 – 5 December 2020 | Online course
The course intends to value spaces & structures for the democratic participation of young people online, making them effective places for meaningful participation, positive and democratic change.
The effects that the pandemic has been having on youth work and young people start now to be analysed and understood, it has been clearly visible the efforts made to answer to young people, youth organizations and youth workers’ needs through digital youth work and through the use of digital tools within formal and non-formal education. The challenges faced, skills acquired, platforms developed, spaces created and the needs that have not been responded to brought to light the work that needs to be done in what regards to meaningful online participation, to make the best and most ethical use of online spaces of participation, education and shaping our relationships
With this training course we aim to:
- PROMOTE clarification and critical reflection among participants on meaningful youth participation, conditions, spaces and structures for participation at local/ regional level;
- DEVELOP KNOWLEDGE & PRACTICAL SKILLS for working online with young people promoting youth participation at local/regional level;
- BECOME ACQUAINTED with state-of-the-art of approaches and methodologies that can support youth practitioners and young people to work online;
- REFLECT ON COMPETENCES needed to be able to meaningfully participate in local and regional life and community through digital tools;
- INCREASE AWARENESS on the risks, challenges, opportunities and obstacles of digital participation in the different contexts of participants on digital spaces.
Methodology & Technical requirements:
The programme is based of non-formal education methodology and brings to the online space of learning some of its principles – it will be adapted based on participants’ interests and motivations, creates an atmosphere of collaborative learning aiming social transformation. The team is committed to guarantee safety and an inclusive approach along the learning journey. In terms of activities the course encompasses games, ice-breakers, inputs by the trainers and guests followed by individual and collective activities and workshops prepared and run by the participants and trainers.
Technical equipment needed – Computer with camera and microphone and reliable internet connection. https://zoom.us/ and canvas.net will be the main digital platforms of the course. Participants will need to download zoom and create an account on canvas.net. All selected participants will also be invited to a welcome session to explore the main tools that will be used along the course, to share needs and expectations, to have a first contact among themselves and the team and solve technical issues
You can read more in the Infoletter and draft Programme attached to this Call.
This E-learning for 35 participants from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries and recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Youth project managers, Youth policy makers, Young Social Educators, Civil servants with responsibilities in youth departments, youth houses and other
Working language: English
Organiser: Portuguese National Agency for Erasmus + Youth in Action (National Agency)
Contact for questions:
Phone: +351 253204269
Before applying please contact the NA of your residence country to check if it is involved in this concrete project and committed to cover travel costs. NB! Learn about possible participation fee and other relevant rules.