CONFERENCE SALTO | Dealing with Refugees: from challenges to opportunities | 23-26.10.2017 | Amman, Jordan
Ceci est une formation SALTO !
Les formations du réseau SALTO sont financées par le programme jeunesse de mobilité de l’Union Européenne Erasmus+ et de la Suisse Movetia . Les frais de transport, d’hébergement et d’alimentation sont pris en charge. Seule une participation de CHF 80.- est généralement exigée de la part des participant-e-s. La Suisse n’est pas membre du programme Erasmus+ depuis la votation de février 2014 contre l’immigration de masse. Mais les personnes résidant en Suisse peuvent tout de même prendre part à ces formations grâce à un programme transitoire mis en place par la Confédération et géré par Movetia.
AVANT DE POSTULER POUR UNE FORMATION, il est impératif que tu contactes l’équipe de Jeunesse en Action de Movetia pour manifester ton intérêt à participer à la formation en question et demander s’ils sont d’accord de financer tes frais de participation. Si et seulement si la réponse de Movetia est positive tu peux postuler.
Contact de Movetia, équipe Jeunesse en Action : firstname.lastname@example.org ou 032 462 00 50
Plus d’information sur : www.movetia.ch/fr
The main aim of the Conference is to identify the possible paths of positive integration of refugees in the hosting countries and to empower the NGOs/youth work organisations to use innovative methods and approaches for better integrating refugees in the local community considering all the possible limitations due the national regulations.
The Conference will focus on some specific elements that could find a potential development within Erasmus+ Programme (supporting international projects for exchange of good practices):
– Role of youth work in dealing with refugees (at different level as NGOs, municipalities, youth NGOs, institutions, etc.)
– Success stories and good practices about the empowerment and inclusion of refugees at local level and about community dimension;
– Mapping of the needs of NGOs//youth work organisations/youth workers/institutions working with refugees;
– Networking space among the participating organisations for future cooperation at international level.
The Conference will try to clarify:
– The terminology when speaking about refugees and making differences among: refugees, asylum seekers and migrants;
– Overall situation of refugees: political, social, civic rights.
The Conference will tackle the elements of intercultural learning in such critical situation of needs and political crises due the current civic wars, economical crisis and high level of social tension.
The element of sharing experiences about the situation of refugees will be crucial for the mutual understanding and for analysing the modelling of good practices and verify their transferability.
The good practices and thematic discussions will focus on:
– Empowerment of women;
– Integration of refugees in the local community;
– Health and well-being
– Labour Market (competences)
– Social perception of refugees and change of perceptions .
During the Conference, will be important to include: youth refugees (representative of NGOs), international NGOs working on the topic, national NGOs doing grassroots work.
The participants should arrive on the 23th October 2016 (from dinner on) and the departure will be on the 26th October 2016 after lunch.
For the ones that would like to stay longer:
1. the hotel can provide you a room at the same rate than the conference upon request by the organisers (if you are interested in case of selection, we will get back to you)
2. the organisers can help in arranging some cultural and discovery activities in Jordan.
The Conference is open to participants representing NGOs working about the topic of refeugees from Programme Countries and to representative of NGOs of Jordan.
This Seminar / Conference is for 80/100 participants from Jordan, Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries and recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Youth Policy Makers
Working language(s): English
National Agencies of Erasmus + of following countries: France, Italy, Finland, UK, Norway and with Salto Youth Cultural Diversity.
Hosting Institution: Higher Council of Population, Jordan
Associated Partners: AWMC, I-Dare, United Religion Association
Contact for questions:
Before applying please contact the NA of your residence country to check if it is involved in this concrete project and committed to cover travel costs. NB! Learn about possible participation fee and other relevant rules.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO Youth EuroMed involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+ Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.